Top Case for Asus Laptop
What is the top case palm rest?
The Top Case Palm Rest surrounds your Asus Laptop. Constant usage and pressure from your hands can damage it. Search through our variety of Top Case Palm Rests here and order the one suited best for your laptop.
This top case is the plastic piece that encircles your Asus notebook keyboard. Using it and placing your arms on it can wear on it over time and cause it to need to be changed. Purchase the top case you require for your Asus laptop here. To find out how to make your keyboard last longer, check out our news page!
Is plastic of your keyboard protection cracked, damaged, or otherwise impaired? Perhaps the case broke after an accidental drop or constant openings & closures damaged the keyboard's upper chassis? Other reasons to replace your top case include: deterioration of the hinges and damaged or misplaced keys on your keyboard. If you are having these issues, it can take away the portability of your laptop.
Replacing the full keyboard plastic will be effortless and quicker than replacing only the impaired key while assuring complete protection.
Asus Accessories provides the plastic top cases that encircle the keyboard of your laptop so you can regain the ergonomics and pleasure of typing.
On this page you will discover all of the keyboard protections for all the Asus laptop models (Chromebook, Vivobook, Ultrabook, ROG, Zenbook) compatible with several ports and connectors depending on the model.
Regardless if you need a top case with a white, gray, brown, black or red plastic, sold alone, integrated with the keyboard or fitted with the fingerprint reader, there will absolutely be one appropriate for the layout of your device.
Furthermore, also available for sale are palm case tops (wrist rest) to alleviate wrist pain and increase productivity without any muscle tiredness.
Repair your Asus laptop keyboard top case
Do not stress about replacing the top chassis of the keyboard, you can fix this on your own, quickly and easily, without having to hire a professional to do it for you.
As a safety measure, and before manipulating or replacing the parts on your Asus computer, don't forget to turn off your notebook, unplug it from any power source, and remove the battery before you start.
- Get a Phillips screwdriver and a small flat screwdriver
- Close your pc and put it face down on a table
- Using the Phillips screwdriver, remove all the screws on the bottom of your pc
- Turn your computer around and get the flat screwdriver
- Slide it into the gap between the keyboard and the bottom of the computer, starting from the top of the upper case and detach it gently going around
- Then, gently lift the faulty top case: it is connected to the rest of the computer by FFC's that must be disconnected
- These FFC's are held by white connectors, unclip them so that the FFC's go with the top case at the time of its withdrawal
- Replace your keyboard case with the new one, reconnect the cables and reassemble the computer by following the steps in reverse
To guide your choice, this page has been categorized by computer models to provide you with replacement parts completely suitable with your system. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact our expert team.
Find the series of your asus by clicking on its first letter